Friday, December 27, 2013

Adventures with DIY Costumes!

This is a compilation of some of the Halloween costumes I've made in the past few years. Enjoy!

Mario Kart
Aren't group costumes the best?? 









The Magic School Bus
 A great group costume idea..especially for teachers! We made the bus with cardboard boxes and construction paper. The wheels are black paper plates.


  

 I found a green shirt and red hat from Michaels. Then used puff paint to make the letter R and white stripes. I'm so OCD that I made a template for the R using Paint on the computer. 



The Incredibles!
Another great group costume. This is with my 2nd Grade team. Halloween 2012.




Wonder Woman!
I made all the pieces for my Wonder Woman costume last year. Made a DIY no sew tutu and puff painted the red T-shirt. I also made the wrist cuffs and head piece with a gold glittery foam.






Wizard of Oz! 


Made my Dorthy costume. Saw a tutorial on how to make a no sew Dorthy dress. I was also being super cheap by not buying red glitter shoes so I made that too using an old pair of shoes.









My birthday is on Halloween! Who is lucky enough to wear a tutu on their birthday?!








No comments:

Post a Comment