Thursday, December 26, 2013

Alice in Wonderland Themed Party

As a child, Alice in Wonderland completely freaked me out...a world of crazy weirdness and a really creepy cat. But for some reason I decided to give it another chance and fell in love. I love Alice's world of imagination and the profound hidden messages within the story.

I share my birthday with Halloween and never in my 23 years of living have I had a costume party! So what better way to celebrate my 24th Birthday than hosting an Alice in Wonderland themed party! But how does one pull off a playful theme to make it more adult-like? That was the main struggle but hope I did it justice!


On Pinterest there were a lot of Alice in Wonderland themed parties for little girls. They had a lot of pastel colors so I adapted it by using deeper purples and blues. I made a lot of the decorations and bought some as well.


First of all, what I believe really gave the party that whimsical feel were the lights. 

I have such awesome friends! We have almost all of the characters; Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Mad-hatter, the King and Queen of Hearts, the cards, the rabbit, and the smoking caterpillar!











I made a wall size Alice!

 


Drinking tea with tea cups and candy favors.









Gotta have beer pong!




From Etsy. I couldn't find the exact one on Etsy for some reason but there are many different types of cupcake toppers. 



Made a photo wall. One of my favorite parts that is still on my wall. 
Used some of the instant download props from Etsy by GlitterInkDesigns.
I used a lot of the quotes found in the story and framed them. The frames found from the dollar store and thrift store. The pictures are bordered with construction paper.



Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment